Bonaventure is a place I’ve wanted to visit for nearly a decade. My friend Randy and I talked about it years ago before he moved to Arizona. He’d been there and spoke very highly of it. Unfortunately, we didn’t get to see Bonaventure until the last day we were there, and by then we were running late to get back home. But even in that short time to say the place is breathtaking is an understand. It’s is indeed gorgeous. The trees covered in Spanish moss and the sago palms make it a spectacular setting. It’s an extremely large place as well. It would take hours, perhaps even days to make your way around to everything. I can see exactly why the Bird Girl statue was a chance discovery. The place is so massive and there is so much to see that you could walk right past it and not even notice.
But here are a few pictures featuring the trees, the statues and the memorial for Johnny Mercer.
Other Articles of Interest:
- Bird Girl as featured in Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil
- Images of Savannah
- Ghost Adventures – Idaho State Reform School – S17E01
- Ghost Stalkers – Springfield State Hospital – S01E02
- 432 Abercorn, Savannah GA
- Ghost Adventures – Kays Hollow – S16E09
- A trip to Savannah – a recap
- Ghost Adventures – Riverside Plane Graveyard – S17E06
- Ghost Adventures – Myrtles Plantation – S09E02
- Ghost Adventures – Titanic Museum – S15E12