I need a scary face
Besides the one I was born with
I have the lighting of the pumpkin down pat, no worries there, but now I need to work on the actual carvings themselves. Although my designs aren’t too bad, they really aren’t all that complex and don’t have that diabolical look and feel I think they deserve. Well, help is on the way. Two sites seem to be able to assist me in my endeavors.
Both have templates for free and for a nominal fee that are creative and clever. I’m usually more of the make it up as you go type of pumpkin carver, but I think I need to dedicate more to my craft. I’m usually pretty steady with the knife (still got all my fingers) but I’ve worked with one of these stencils. However, I am thinking some of the Tiki designs on this page will look quite fetching with 3 foot flames shooting out the top.
There is still plenty of time to get the right pattern and get in some practice. And what’s the worst that can happen? I’m just going to torch the thing anyway…
Other Articles of Interest:
- The hours are ticking away until Halloween
- More flaming pumpkins
- Flaming Pumpkins – Cemetery Zombie and Morty
- Mr. Scary Pumpkin
- Time to start things off with some flaming pumpkins
- 2008 Flaming Pumpkin Kickoff
- Flaming Pumpkins – Old Hag and El Chupacabra
- This is your pumpkin, ON FIRE!!
- New Flaming Pumpkins – Gargoyle and Melting Skull
- How to photograph pumpkins