Frankenstein’s castle offers Halloween chills
MUEHLTAL, Germany – Boris Karloff never walked these grounds, but the history of Burg Frankenstein may have inspired Mary Shelley’s famous monster.
Since then an estimated 15,000 people flock to the former keep near Darmstadt in western Germany annually for chills, frights and the chance to walk through the halls of the place that many believe inspired the creation of “The Modern Prometheus,” as Shelley subtitled her famous novel.
Other Articles of Interest:
- Frankenstein, or Modern Prometheus
- Mary Shelly’s Frankenstein (1994) – Rating 4 out of 5
- Frankenstein for Free
- Halloween Soundtracks – Midnight Syndicate
- Van Helsing – Rating 1 out of 5
- Bloodstains – Jeff Mudgett
- Halloween Desktops by Stardock
- Halloween Haunted House
- Ghost Hunters Live Halloween 2008
- Death of a Ghost Hunter