Flaming Pumpkins – The Grinning Jacks
It was a cold night, but nothing warms the place up like a flaming pumpkin. I was once again down at our secret pumpkin burning facility and cooked up these two little rascals. Unfortunately, there wasn’t the usual amount of "oomph" I’m used to, but I think I know why. In the past the rolls have been soaked for hours. And by hours I mean over night. I didn’t have the chance to do that with this batch and I think it shows. It really does take a long time for the liquid to get absorbed into the roll. You can’t just drop it in there and go for broke. It doesn’t have the same effect.
But anyway, based on the limited time I had I still think these came out pretty good. They’re still pretty spectacular even when they’re aren’t quite as spectacular as I would like. I have a reputation to maintain you know.
Other Articles of Interest:
- Flaming Pumpkins – Old Hag and El Chupacabra
- More flaming pumpkins
- My Halloween Pumpkin Carvings
- New Flaming Pumpkins – Gargoyle and Melting Skull
- How to photograph pumpkins – The artrojasdesign Way
- Flaming Pumpkins – Iron Man and Killer Klown
- 2008 Flaming Pumpkin Kickoff
- The first flaming pumpkin of the year!
- Halloween Tally
- Save 33% to 66% at Amazon.com on "Extreme Pumpkins" series