I don’t want to sound mean or insensitive, but this episode was nothing more than a woman who hadn’t come to terms with her husband’s suicide. The first thing that struck me was, if you have bad feelings about a house from the very first day you get there, why would you stay? And why do the clients always hold back the truth? Why do you call someone in to supposedly help you and then lie to them about what’s going on?
Brenda feels that a dark hooded figure stalks the house and that it drove her husband Jim to his death, although she hold off on telling that until the very end. She hears walking, sees shadows and hears loud gunshots. The activity apparently happens every night and she barely gets any sleep because of it. We come to find out Jim had a medical practice and that he lost several of his patients in the house. We also learn that he committed suicide in the house. Even more, we learn that Jim had a first wife who was killed in a car accident while he was in the car. And that she may have dabbled with the Ouija. (And as we know, PRS frowns on the Ouija since printed cardboard is a gateway to hell).
But what does this have to do with the investigation? Well nothing actually, because Ryan and team don’t find anything paranormal going on in the house. What we do have is a grieving widow who seems to be harboring a great deal of guilt about her husbands death. Her visions of the paranormal come across as more related to Brenda trying to justify her husbands actions than any sort of real activity in the house.
What does the team suggest? They have Father Bob Bailey come in and tell the entity to move on. And with that, everything stops.
I’m really going to have to chalk this one up to psychological and emotional distress. Anyone else?
Other Articles of Interest:
- Paranormal State S04E02 – Invitation to Evil
- Paranormal State – The Lurking Man – S05E09
- Paranormal State – Bedroom Eyes – S05E13
- Paranormal State – Shadow Caster – S04E09
- Paranormal State – Do Bad Things – S05E10
- Ghost Adventures – Upper Fruitland Curse – S14E08
- Paranormal State – Haunted Homecoming – S05E13
- Paranormal State – Darkness Falls – S04E08
- Paranormal State, seeing the demonic in a box of Cracker Jacks
- Paranormal State – Paranormal Detour – S05E07