The Simpson’s Treehouse of Horror XXIV
It’s not actually Halloween or even after Halloween as is usually the case and The Simpson’s have already broadcast their annual Treehouse of Horror. And it didn’t suck as bad as usual!
My interest in The Simpson’s waned about a decade ago, but I still tune in just to see the Halloween episodes. Personally, I think the show’s been on the decline for years and they’re just phoning in the episodes. The Treehouse of Horror episodes haven’t been any different with the last 4 being especially bad. But, the latest outing wasn’t actually that bad.
While the Fat in the Hat spoof wasn’t bad with a few funny moments. Bart having head sewn onto Lisa made for a couple of laughs , but the circus episode was a little flat. Like I said the benchmark from the previous years is pretty low, so there’s really nowhere to go but up. I mean, they can’t get any worse.
But these new stories don’t hold a candle to the first few seasons. James Earl Jones reading The Raven is a classic. And Pierce Brosnan as the house that wants Marge is good stuff.
Still, I think the Phineas and Ferb Halloween special was better.
Other Articles of Interest:
- Simpsons Treehouse of Horror XIX
- Simpsons Halloween Special XVIII
- American Horror Story – Freakshow
- Ghost Adventures – Ashmore Estate – S05E01
- Hannibal returns for Season 3
- American Horror Story – Coven – Season 3
- Ghost Adventures – Killer Nightlife – S07E15
- Ghost Adventures gets renewed
- What movies are you watching for Halloween?
- Destination Truth: Season 1 – Finally on DVD!